Bugs & Tattoos: Philadelphia Tattoo Convention (Photo Post, Warning: Tarantulas & Other Bugs in Some Photos)

      On February 11th, I attended the Philadelphia Tattoo Convention to get a tattoo from my friend, Ryan. I have wanted a corn on the cob tattoo for so long and I finally got it. I am so in love with it. It's absolutely perfect. Ryan's work can be found on his Instagram and you can book an appointment with him by emailing him. This is the second tattoo I've gotten from him on my leg and it definitely won't be the last.
      The tattoo convention is one of my favorite events. It's so awesome to walk around and see all the different artists and their different styles. Tattoo artists and tattoo product suppliers aren't the only booths set up at the convention. There is a lot of oddity shops, as well as jewelry makers, and vintage shops. This year my favorite booth to stop at was the Philadelphia Insectarium booth. They had all different bugs that you were allowed to hold and touch. They also had one on display that you can't touch because it causes kidney failure. I was so excited to hold everything. My boyfriend called me "the Snow White of bugs". John, the CEO (I believe that is his title but I could be wrong), was really nice and informative the entire time. He answered any questions we had and also told us about all the different bugs we were holding. Next weekend, me and my boyfriend, John, will be going to the Insectarium to see the large butterfly pavilion and hold a whole bunch of different bugs. That will get it's own blog post but if you do not like bugs, I would advise you not to look at the pictures farther down or the blog post from the museum. You can get more information on the Insectarium by clicking here. You can also follow them on instagram.



WARNING: Below are pictures of tarantulas, scorpions, and cockroaches that were available to be held at the convention. If you don't like bugs, please do not scroll down.


























     

Comments