Inside The Mystery Machine (Philly Car Show Date + Photos)

     
      Ever since I was a small child, I have been in love with Scooby Doo. I always watched it when it was on tv, had stuffed animals, clothing, a customized clock with my name on it, etc. Scooby Doo was a huge part of my childhood. To this day, I still have love for Scooby and all his silly antics. I own almost every season of every Scooby series and almost every movie on dvd. Every trip to Target, I search for any movies or seasons missing from my collection. I aim to one day own all of it. Silly dream to have but hey, we all have our guilty pleasures, mine just happens to be a cartoon from my childhood that I never grew out of.
      In December, I started dating a new guy, named John, who quickly became a very important person in my life. I'll skip all the mushy details, all you really need to know is that he is the king of amazing surprises! He always has the best surprise dates set up for us and we already have every Sunday of this month booked for fun dates. On February 1st, he gave me one of the best surprises of my life. He made a childhood dream he never knew about come true. Now, he did know about my love for Scooby Doo but, what he didn't know was that it was a dream of mine to sit in The Mystery Machine or just get really close to it. I remember as a child always seeing it in Florida at Universal Studios but, you can't really get close to that one.
       I met him in Philly when he was done work and we walked to this surprise location, which was the convention center to see the Auto Show. He told me there was one thing there that he knew I would love a lot and said we had to find the Hollywood cars section. This section of the convention had all kinds of cars from movies and tv shows. I couldn't think of what the surprise car could be until, we turned the corner and there it was, The Mystery Machine, in all its glory. I almost couldn't contain the excitement. It was extremely hard to hold in my happy tears but if I was that excited just to see it, imagine my excitement when I found out I could sit in it! John took so many photos for me and I couldn't decided which ones to post to my Instagram so naturally, I had to share them all here in a post.
     I almost didn't want to leave, to be honest. Inside the Mystery Machine was a tv that played clips of the cartoon and some of the movies. They also provided Scooby Snacks, which are some of my favorite snacks to this day. The back was a little hang out area with two bean bag chairs and a big Scooby plush that I couldn't keep my hands off of. It was so much fun, I wanted to stay to watch the cartoon. At this point, I didn't care about anything else there. It was so hard to believe that my childhood dream just came true because of someone new in my life, who had no idea about this dream. I'm a very lucky girl to have someone this amazing in my life. I can't wait to post more of our fun dates/future adventures.





Comments