Dino's After Dark and Weird Cocktails: Our Anniversary Night (Photo Post)

      Somehow, I got really behind on my posts and I apologize for that but I am back and will keep up with everything from now on. This post is about something me and John did a month ago for our anniversary, so lets play catch up and see how many posts I can get in before I go to Washington D.C. this weekend. Every once in a while the Academy of Natural Sciences does an after hours event for free. I had no idea so it was a huge surprise for me. The best part was that there was a couple of tables set ups selling different kinds of beer all throughout the museum. I can't remember the name of the beer I had that night but it was pineapple flavored and it was amazing. I got to enjoy my beer while sitting in a T-Rex skull. It was pretty awesome.
     The Academy of Natural Sciences not only has a great collection and display of dinosaur bones but they also have a cute little butterfly room. This butterfly room is very small and very humid and doesn't have a large amount of butterflies but, it is still very cute and the butterflies are gorgeous. The Insectarium is a much better place to experience butterflies up close, if that's more your style. Still, this butterfly room is really fun. And upstairs in the museum, there is a room more geared towards children but you can look at tarantulas and other bugs and reptiles. It's a really cute set up and makes me wish I had gotten to go there when I was a child.

My other favorite thing about this museum is all of the animals in the displays. For some reason, John and I were calling all the different animals horses. So skunks were stinky horses, mountain goats were mountain horses and so on, etc. I don't know where it came from but it made the night pretty funny. Theres so many animals displayed in cute little scenes like desserts, forests, on ice, and in grassy areas. Its really adorable and I honestly want to pet all the animals.
     After the museum, we went to a speak easy. I can't remember the name of the place but it was really cool. First of all, this place isn't in an obvious spot at all and people probably walk by this place all the time without realizing it's there. It's down a dark alley and the only way you know you're at the right place is the door has two small R's on it. When you go in, it's very dark and very small. They don't have the usual drinks you'd find at regular bars, its all fancy cocktails. My drink reminded me of the taste of orange juice after you brush your teeth. I didn't like the drink but it got the job done. One drink was definitely enough and they also weren't cheap. Once we finished out drinks, we went to a convenience store and bought some beer to take with us to the next place. All the events of the night were surprises for me so I had no idea what we would be doing. Our night ended with us drinking beers while watching a comedy show. It was a really great anniversary celebration.

















Comments