Washington D.C.: Day 1 Zoo & Cherry Blossom Festival (Photo Heavy Post)

   
  My trip to Washington D.C. is going to have to be split into 3 parts because day 1 was filled with so much fun events and so many pictures. I don't want the posts to be too long so, I will do my best to keep them short with as much information as possible. Our first day, we went to the zoo as soon as we got to D.C. I slept pretty much the entire car ride and then had to do my makeup in the zoo parking lot. It was a mess but it's the best I could do while half asleep. I absolutely love the zoo in D.C., mainly because it has pandas, red pandas, and elephants (insert heart eyes emoji here). The zoo is free, just like many of the museums in this area, but you do have to pay for parking. It wasn't a bad price at all and the zoo is a decent size for being free. I ended up spending so much money on panda merchandise, it's insane how much I bought. I would've taken pictures of everything I got but there are already so many pictures to share in this post.
      After the zoo, we were able to check into our AirBnB, which ended up being the cutest little apartment ever. It was in an amazing spot and was such a great price. John definitely got lucky finding this place. It was on 2nd Street, which is super close to the Capitol and a lot of other buildings. When we got all settled into the apartment, we walked over to the Capitol and met up with my best friend, Steve (@whatkindofnameisstove), who works there as a police officer. He was able to give us a tour of the Capitol and take us to a spot where no one was so we could get pictures. It was really cool to be inside while no one was around. We decided to walk down to the cherry blossoms after our tour of the Capitol and it was definitely a mistake, on my end anyway. I wore the wrong shoes for a 30+ minute walk and ended up with a terrible blister. I was miserable until I saw the cherry blossoms everywhere. It was stunning to see so many beautiful trees around all of the monuments and amazing buildings. We definitely got a lot of great pictures, too many pictures actually.
      While we were at the Tidal Basin looking at all the trees and taking 5,000 pictures, I was able to get in touch with a friend of mine from Instagram. Her name is Hanna Jane (@hannaajaane) and we have been friends on Instagram for a few years now. I was so excited to get to meet her and her boyfriend and their super cute dog. We stopped at a liquor store and got some delicious beer. Me and Hanna had a conversation about how she didn't like beer but wanted too. I told her she just hadn't tried the right beer and I was so right, she loved the Cherry Blossom Lager me and John had picked up. Glad I could be there for that moment. I really hope we will get to meet up again in the future, Hanna and Logan were seriously just the nicest people ever. Hanging out with them was such a wonderful way to end the first day of our trip.


































Comments