Asbury Park, NJ + Punk Rock Flea Market Date Day

      Recently, John and I went to Asbury Park, NJ for our anniversary. The first thing we did was head straight to a retro Pinball museum/arcade place. It was amazing! Although, you had to pay to enter and pick how long you'd be there and then the games were free. It was weird to me but, I have to admit, I really enjoyed that place a lot. I've never really played pinball before and I was nervous to at first but, once I started I did pretty well. I found an Addams Family one and waited forever for it to be open so I could play it. I love the Addams Family, I have the old show on dvd and the movies as well. Once I finished up with that game, I saw an old part of a ride that they had turned into a seating area, it was kind of like one of the teacups from Disney World and I loved sitting in it. I will have a photo of it posted farther down in this post. When we were done at the arcade, we walked to the convention center, I think thats what its called, so we could go to a flea market.
      I don't know about you but, I love flea markets more than anything. Occasionally, you can find some of the cutest vintage items and sometimes, you're not so lucky. They are still fun either way. Although, I had never been to a Punk Rock Flea Market until recently, and let me just say, I was not disappointed. Not only did I find a beautiful purse made from a vintage table cloth but, I also found a vintage Alice in Wonderland book and an awesome Dwight (from The Office) mug. This flea market was like a dream come true for me. There was dead things in jars, paintings, vintage clothing, pins, skulls, etc. It was all of my favorite things in one spot and on top of all of that, you could walk around drinking beer while you shop!! I really love beer so this was just the icing on the cake for me. I was surprised at the amount of amazing things we found there. It was like a paradise for the strange and unusual.
     After the flea market, we took a walk down to the water so we could walk on the rocks. We stayed there for a bit for photos and then headed to a bar/ restaurant for some food. Then, we went home and relaxed with our fur babies. It was a really fun day and honestly, I never thought I'd enjoy Asbury Park as mochas I did. It was a great way to celebrate our anniversary.
















Comments