Chinese Lantern Festival Photo Post


      This is the second year I have gone to the Chinese Lantern Festival in Philadelphia, I love it so much. The colors are gorgeous, the lanterns themselves are so unique and intricate, and seeing everything all lit up at night is just amazing. This year I didn't stay to see the lights at night but, I did explore during the day and of course, I took a million pictures. The lanterns are gorgeous but, keep in mind if you ever go to see them that the weather does damage the lanterns a bit. You'll see some wear and tear on a few in the photos I will have posted below. They also tend to be a little bit dirty as well. It doesn't change the experience of seeing them all lit up and the colors glowing brightly at night.
     My favorite lanterns so far have always been the pandas. They were different this year than last year but, they were still just as cute. This year the pandas had beautiful, colorful flowers on them. Reminded me of floral tattoos. Pandas are one of my favorite animals, they're just too adorable. They also had a gorgeous spider and a few other insects as well, which of course,  I loved. I hope to one day have a few insects as pets. I would love to go back to school to study entomology or at least work somewhere that has to do with bugs and insects.
     Another of my favorite lanterns was the giant shark tunnel. As many of my friends and followers probably know by now, I love sharks so much. Especially, hammerheads. I was so excited to see a giant shark there this year. It was really cool to walk through.
      I could go on and on about the festival but, honestly, it's just something you really need to witness for yourself if you're ever in the Philadelphia area.
(Many photos featured have been taken by my boyfriend, John)


























Comments