North Jersey Trip + Photos

     I recently had the chance to go to the area that my boyfriend grew up in. North Jersey and South Jersey are like two separate worlds, in my opinion they should be their own states. He is from North Jersey and I had never been there so I wan't sure what to expect. I do have to say though, it's pretty interesting place. People have interesting lawn decorations, there's an amazing little vintage store, we went to a fun little zoo thing, and we went hiking.

     I think we should start with the hiking trip since it was the first thing we did that day. My favorite band is Thursday, which just happens to be from the same area my boyfriend is from. They have a song that talks about someone falling off the Palisades cliffs and that is exactly where my boyfriend decided to take me, to the Palisades cliffs. It's a very interesting little hike. You kind of start off on a road and walk to a set of steps. Go up the steps, through a tunnel, up more steps, and you're at the top.  It doesn't sound great when I write it like that but, it was pretty amazing. I stood on the edge of a cliff an waved to people driving over a bridge. I also stood and sat on the edge of a cliff for promotional photos for a different blog post. It was pretty scary because you're up high and the rocks aren't that big. One misstep and you're going over and I doubt you would survive it. It did make for some really awesome photos though.
      After the hike, he took me to this cute little zoo that is in the area. It was honestly adorable. We got in for free because they were doing construction and a good bit of the zoo wasn't accessible to the public. We got to pet a huge cow, some pigs, and a horse. They also had two small mountain lions who didn't seem to like us too much. They kept growling if we got too close to the cage and they were so cute and playful. The zoo also had a tapir and needless to say, I kind of fell in love with this odd creature. I had to buy a stuffed animal of one from the souvenir shop. When we got home we were watching videos about tapirs and couldn't stop. I am so in love. These animals are so interesting looking. I want to know as much about them as I can.
      After all of that fun, we had dinner with John's brother and stopped at a vintage store so I could look around. I ended up leaving with 3 of the most amazing, beautiful vintage dresses. It cost me a pretty penny but, it was worth it. I'll actually be posting two blog posts soon that feature two of the three dress. I am a vintage freak, every time I pass a shop, I NEED to go in. I hope to one day post about my vintage clothing collection but, until then I will show off a few pieces here and there.










Comments